This is the part where companies usually write a short intro about their values and
culture, but we won’t write about it. We have a video!
Now back to the main topic.
WE’RE HIRING A JS BACKEND DEVELOPER
One of our company goals has always been to create a workplace where developers can quickly grow their professional careers and use all of their skills to create innovative products, software, apps and websites. We've come really close because we aren't growing the team with 'lone wolves', but developers who want to learn something new, who want to share that knowledge with others and who are ready to jump into that problem-solving mode whenever they encounter any kind of challenge. And, of course, have fun while they're doing it!
So if you think you can work in a team like that, keep on reading!
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Participate in planning, retrospectives, demos and daily stand-ups.
- Develop medium-sized and large web-based projects
- Define daily responsibilities and tasks with Project Managers and team members
- Collaborate with the members of the Quality Assurance team
- Work and experiment with trending technologies
- Write clean and efficient code
- Maintain active applications
- Participate in the full life cycle of projects by developing backend functionalities and designing architecture.
- Understand the business problem statement, user scenarios, and technical constraints.
- Plan for and conduct implementation activities.
At the moment, there are around 70 people who work together at Bornfight, yet everyone is focused on their part of the picture. In the development team, there are around 25 tech enthusiasts waiting for their next challenge. That's 25+ amazing minds who can look at a project from countless sides to find the right way to deliver the best results. And if their primary stack of Typescript with node.js and MySQL/MariaDB, coupled with a headless approach aren't enough to crack the issue, they'll learn a new language, a new concept or use new tools - anything that'll make their job easier and themselves more efficient.
Every company has a need for different types of developers, as well as different seniority of developers. Juniors are here to soak up all the experience on real-life projects, communicate their needs and make an effort with their future career and education. Mid-level devs are solid in their knowledge, can be independent on projects and can focus on the task at hand by using the skills they acquired. Seniors, however, have a much more challenging piece of focus. They are considered the foundation of knowledge and the overall progress, and they define the mindset of the team. They are responsible for defining and implementing processes and new standards, they promote them within their team and to other teams, and they use solutions that are elegant and sustainable.
If you found yourself in this description of a software developer, we would really like to meet you and talk about how we could both benefit from our relationship. :)
- At least 2 years of work experience in the field of backend web development
- Excellent knowledge of Croatian (C1) and English language (B2) (communication with clients)
- Excellent knowledge of Typescript and ES6+ (OOP)
- Fluency in Node.js
- Good knowledge of Linux-based operating systems
- Good knowledge of git
- Good communication skills
- A team player attitude
- Good self-organisation & researching ability
- Familiarity with modern build pipelines and tools (CI/CD)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability to work autonomously
YOU GET EXTRA POINTS FOR:
- Experience with the Nest.js framework
- Experience with testing your code (Jest)
- Experience with code reviews
- Experience with the git workflow
- Experience with using APIs and 3rd party integrations
IF YOU GET THE JOB, YOU’LL ALSO GET:
- Awesome team buildings, dog-friendly office, in-office gym, rec room and game room
- Lots of internal educations from your colleagues & external educations from industry experts
- Servers you can crash for “research purposes” (games & stuff)
- Access to a variety of industry-related books, magazines and additional reading materials
- Monthly one-on-one meetings with a team leader and structured biannual meetings about personal development
- Ability to modify your daily working hours
- A 13” MacBook Pro
- A smartphone of your choice with a business mobile plan
- Parking spaces for rent in the office building garage and secure storage for bikes
READY TO APPLY? JUST SEND US THESE FILES:
- Your CV
- Your motivational letter (tell us why you want to join us)
- Links to some great code you created (this one’s optional)
Submit your application in Croatian and/or English