WE’RE HIRING A MOBILE DESIGNER
In order to create even better mobile tools and applications that will help our partners and clients achieve progress, we decided to further strengthen and expand the expertise of our Design team.
That’s why we’re looking for an experienced mobile designer with a:
- passion for mobile tech - Android, iOS, design trends, AR, VR, wearables...
- desire to explore new design processes, practices and methodologies
- team player mindset and an eagerness to share knowledge
Also, you gotta like making bad jokes that are actually good. We're not even kidding about this one. OK, back to the serious stuff!
If you're skilled in mobile design and love working on different kinds of mobile apps that are user-centered, and focused on their needs and experience, keep on reading.
You are driven by the idea of creating great mobile experiences that are deeply integrated in user-centered product design processes, and you’re comfortable talking to clients and the team.
You are experienced in understanding business requirements and user needs, and can successfully translate them into the product.
You are able to conduct discovery workshops or design sprints to gather insights, explore different solutions and validate your decisions.
You love to dive deep into concept exploration and human interaction, and are really intrigued by testing the limits of mobile technologies.
By using design processes, you can create storyboards, wireframes, prototypes and user interface designs.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work on a variety of interesting mobile projects
- Work on medium-sized and large mobile applications for local and international clients
- Develop user-focused interactive concepts and prototypes
- Conduct user research and discovery processes
- Cooperate with clients and present solutions to them
- Prepare and lead discovery workshops and design sprints (with support from senior team members)
- Test and validate design decisions and solutions
- Prepare User Experience deliverables like personas, user flows, journeys, sitemaps, wireframes...
- Prepare User Interface deliverables for Android and iOS (including screen designs, style guides, animations) and deliver assets to developers or other team members
- Evaluate the priority and effectiveness of concepts or solutions
- Create, improve and work with design systems
- Educate others and participate in educations
- Mentor junior team members
- Participate in design critique sessions with the design team, and provide design feedback
- Propose improvements for project work
- Cooperate with other digital production departments
About the Design team
We like to believe that we are inspiring the mindset shift by challenging the known and by constantly improving ourselves to create the most impactful solutions.
We believe that cultural fit and personal values go beyond design hard skills.
We provide support, collaboration, different ideas and a critical mindset. We empower members to find and reach solutions.
“We are strong believers in honest and transparent communication.
That’s why we have regular feedback sessions which go both ways, weekly design meets, team activities like design critique, soft skill workshops, monthly one-on-ones, half-yearly career development and employee satisfaction conversations.
In the design team, we try to live by this Ten #000 Rules:
- Positive Team and Positive Atmosphere
- Do More With Less
- Knowledge Sharing and Mentoring
- Internal / External Promotion & Self Promotion
- Process Optimization and New Processes
- Solutions Rather Than Problems
- Self Initiative
- Taking Responsibility for Your Actions
- Deliver WOW Through Design
- Be Passionate, Determined & Humble
We experiment, fail, learn, solve challenges and grow together as a team and a company.
- More than 2 years of experience in mobile design
- Experience in managing client expectations
- Advanced knowledge of Human Interface Guidelines and Google Material Design
- Advanced knowledge of current design tools for prototyping and UI design
- Advanced knowledge of UX processes and methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of mobile typography, information hierarchy, interaction design and usability heuristics
- General understanding of cross-platform technologies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of Croatian (C1) and English (B2) language, both written and spoken
- A team player mindset
- A knack for communication
YOU GET EXTRA POINTS FOR:
- Experience in conducting user research
- Experience in leading workshops with clients
- Mentoring skills
- Being an active member of the mobile community
- Being active on designer platforms (Dribbble, Behance)
- Experience in holding talks on meetups or conferences
- Providing links to articles you wrote
Bornfight is a group of highly motivated people who are on a mission to turn their passion and expertise into successful projects for their partners all around the globe.
Our philosophy of progress through determination, doing things that are challenging and sometimes a bit scary, and going down roads that are unknown, has led us to an incredible amount of success throughout the years.
We work for clients in numerous different industries and countries, and we always try to find something new and exciting that will inspire both us and the client, and keep us all ahead of the game.
Our user-centered mindset and a strong emphasis on user experience earned us a number of awards such as Awwwards, FWA and CSS Design Award, as well as the Awwwards User’s Choice Agency of the Year title.
If you need some more info about us, our mindset and the way we operate, you can watch this video.
IF YOU GET THE JOB, YOU’LL ALSO GET:
- A 13” Macbook Pro
- A smartphone of your choice with a business mobile plan
- Monthly one-on-one meetings with a team leader and structured biannual meetings about personal development
- Parking spaces for rent in the office building, and free secure storage for bikes
- Access to a variety of industry-related books, magazines and additional reading materials
- Ability to modify your daily working hours according to your needs
- Awesome team buildings, a dog-friendly office, in-office gym, rec room and game room
- Lots of internal educations from your colleagues & external educations from industry experts
- Most likely some new friends
READY TO APPLY? JUST SEND US THESE FILES:
- Your portfolio (Behance and Dribbble are an added plus)
- Your CV
- Your motivational letter or video (tell us why you want to join us)
Submit your application in Croatian and/or English.